This simple vegan banana bread recipe makes great use of those speckled and somewhat sad looking bananas that are hanging out in your fruit bowl!
4 small ripe bananas
3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
½ cup hot water
1½ cups wholemeal flour
1½ teaspoon baking powder
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Bringing it together:
1. Preheat the oven to 180’C and line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
2. Add the ground flaxseed and hot water to a small bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
3. Add the bananas to a medium-sized mixing bowl and mash roughly with a fork.
4. Add the flour, salt, baking powder, vanilla, sugar, oil, and the flax mixture. Fold together until just combined.
5. Pour the mixture into the line loaf tin and bake for 60 minutes, or until a cake tester/toothpick comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the tin before transferring to a cooling rack.